My husband and I have faced many lay-offs in the past twenty years; each time we hoped to learn something new so that we could help others in the future. Now is that time. As my we worked to “stay afloat” (the opposite of “going under”!) during lean times, I read every money-saving book and magazine on our library’s shelf--some things I’ve worked out for myself. Now that my husband has a steady job, we’ve continued many of these practices as a part of responsible living. In my posts, I’ll include ideas for different levels of need—stretching dollars when you still have some income and stretching even further (when you think you can’t) when the income is gone in hope of helping you hang on until you get some income. I’ll also address things we learned about attitudes—ours and those around us.

I invite you to comment with your money-saving ideas and accounts of what has worked for you, since community is one of our greatest resources. While I’m writing as an American in the framework of the American economy, I also invite those of you from other nations/peoples to share what you’ve learned about stretching resources since many things can be applied anywhere. (Do know that I will delete any comment that’s derogatory or has foul language.) Please share this blog with others who are stretching and help them keep from “breaking”.


Friday, February 24, 2012

Credit for Learning

Recyclebank is a neat site for learning more about caring for the environment and recycling. I was already doing quite a bit of recycling but I learned even more by watching VERY short animations and taking quizzes. And I get rewarded with points that can be used for saving money with coupons, discounts, gift cards and magazine subscriptions. If you'd like to join (free)here's a link you can use (please copy & paste, unfortunately Blogger's links haven't worked lately):
http://www.recyclebank.com/referafriend/?___store=us&bl=am9hbmNvbG9yaXN0QHlhaG9vLmNvbQ==&utm_campaign=Refer-a-friend&utm_medium=direct%20link&utm_source=H9853667&cm_mmc=Refer-a-friend-_-direct%20link-_-H9853667-_-referral

No comments:

Post a Comment